- Bring money to give to Sean for the canned food drive by the end of next Wednesday. If our class brings over $150 Sean will bring us donuts. If the class raises over $300 Sean will bring us donuts and Smith will bring us a “feast”.
Dani G: The Gathering
- Container: Coffin because there are many deaths throughout the book
- Motifs: Watch represents time is a curse on everyone in the book. Shot glass because the people in the book would turn to alcohol as a getaway for they’re problems.
- Journal Entry: Neugen gets caught molesting his best friend’s grand children.
Joe: The Siege of Krishnapur
- Container: Cannon because in the book a cannon was used a lot during the siege.
- Motifs: Cross because the English are trying to force Christianity on the Indians. Chapati, the Indians made it, and it was the first sign of troubles early on in the book.
- Journal Entry: Shows how the Collector is showing his scientific outlook.
Jaden: The Remains of the Day
- Container: A briefcase, because the main character is simple and wants to go about his life doing as he’s told.
- Motifs: A picture of the English countryside because he’s on a road trip around England and he mentions a lot how beautiful the countryside is. Photo album; Steven looks back through his life and realizes all that he did wrong.
- Journal Entry: Steven talking to his father before he dies. Early in the book Steven has a problem with sarcasm and when his dad is dying he makes jokes about it.
Ngoc: The God of Small Things
- Container: An egg because the twins are the same egg.
- Motifs: A watch because in the book, as a child she has a watch that’s painted to a certain time, and she wants a new watch that actually tells time. A photo album; in the book it talks about a lot of memories.
- Journal Entry: How they react to death, shows how close the twins are. It means that twins are like the same people because they can connect to each other.
Mitchell: The Ghost Road
- Container: A skull because the book is about the human mind, a doctor who treat shell shocked patients from WWI
- Motifs: Time/Clock is used right before someone is about to die the moon sets, also how the time left in life is ticking. An eye is shown in the book as someone’s true emotions.
- Journal Entry: When structure is lost in society, people tend to go chaotic.
Molly: The English Patient
- Container: First aid box because the book is about a burn victim and a nurse who takes care of him.
- Motifs: Desert is where the English patient lived and he liked to be in the desert caused he mapped it, he was a very dry man like the desert, and he also has a lot of secrets. A mirror represents their identity.
- Journal Entry: All the positives don’t matter anymore because he is dying.
We’ll finish the rest of the presentations Friday.