Good morning Class! Good morning Ms. Smith!
Thanks Drew for the donuts!
We all walked into class this morning bundled in our winter clothes and with our hair slightly dampened from the fresh snow. Today was the peak of winter. HURRAY!
We finish reading through act 1 today (we started on page 21) we will have the fishbowl on Friday and have a quiz on Monday.
If you are feeling behind or slightly confused I recommend using a modernized text of Hamlet. I personally like it because it makes Shakespeare enjoyable (or more enjoyable! Who couldn’t love Shakespeare already!) Here is the link…
Click on the link and it will give you an option of all the acts by their scenes. Just click on them and get caught up. If for some reason this link doesn't work (I am technically challenged) then go to sparknotes.com and go to the top where it says no fear Shakespeare, then click on Hamlet. Then you can click on any act or scene. It is quite dandy, if I must say so myself.
9 QUESTIONS MS. SMITH TOLD US TO KNOW!!!!…. HINT: YOU SHOULD KNOW THESE ANSWERS TO PREPARE FOR THE FISHBOWL/ QUIZ!
1. What are some impressions of Hamlet Claudius and Gertrude? What are there actions and reactions to each other?
2. What are Hamlets feelings about life and suicide? Hint… he reveals that 2 times within act 1?
3 What do we know of hamlet and Ophelia’s relationship?
4. What is the hypocrisy we see in Polonius?
5. What is Polonius’s advice that he gives Laertes?
6. What is the ghost’s message to hamlet specifically?
7. What do we see are Shakespeare’s feelings towards women? Hint. He doesn’t show much respect for the ladies…
8. What’s the deal with Norway and f Fortinbras?
9. What is Hamlet's plan to Claudius?