- Merchant’s Tale
- Booker Prize Project
- container finished
- annotations finished
- work on journal entry and hero entry (complete by Monday)
- Presentation: Everything in your presentation flow together
- EX: So if your book is about deception then you can have a vanilla envelope that you can open up with papers with top secret stamped on it. Then you have your passages/ entries within folders giving it a spy kind of feel.
- For Booker Prize you can turn in book as the annotation
The last group for locker tag.
The Prioress (Nun):
· “the top nun”
· Of Noble birth or seems to act like it
· Has a lot of pride which is consider as the vice
· She travel to France which most nuns have not so it makes you question her a little.
· Part of the clergy class
· Everyone after debated to put the prioress at an 8.
Discuss about Locker Tag
· Franklin: Hero aspect is he does the things that should be done. Generous, kind.
· Prioress: Doesn’t show any bad aspect. Even with pride she still cares for little animal but questionable since she should be taking care of people.
· Squire: Hero aspect is that he is loyal to his country, family, and God. Bad aspect: spends too much on his self and lust.
· Yeomen: He is needed on the trip in order to make equipment they may require. Vice: Greed for one medal that shows he travels to fight for the king.
o Does the color possibly mean something? (green = envy)
· We decide after discussing the locker tag to change the yeomen, squire, and doctor. New change: Yeomen->Doctor->Squire
· Doctor: Heals People, He is more of a man of science then god. Greed.
· Skipper: Stealing wine from people sleeping on the boat. Kills.
· (Decide to change Skipper’s and Merchant’s Spot: Merchant and Skipper switched places)
· Miller: Poor. Loud mouth about sins. Immoral. Cheats and steal. Takes corn and resells it.
· Are we being sexes between the squire and the wife of bath.
o They both are lustful and get around and spend money on themselves.
· (Change the wife and the miller) the wife of bath ->Miller
Discussion on Franklin’s and Pardoner’s tale
· Franklin’s Tale (pg 449)
o Love concurs all
o Lust. Greed. Envy. Lechery.
o Worries about her husband so wife makes a deal with a guy that if he can move all the rocks from the shore that her husband would land on then she would sleep with him
o He goes to his brother to get a magician using dark magic to get rid of the rocks.
o In the end the wife tells the husband about everything but in the end she is forgiven and everyone forgives for all the deals they make and giving the tale a happy ending.
o Hero Element:
§ Faith, loyalty, justice, honor
· Pardoner’s Tale (pg 506)
o Trying to go find death to kick it’s ass
o We reference Harry Potter to the Pardoner’s tale on how in both stories they both look for death which leads them to their end.
o Death: trickery, deceiving
(Reads the tale of the Merchant’s introduction)