We are coming down to the last two weeks of class, but we have some big things left to do.
For Monday, you need to have the last chapters of Brave New World read and a summary response written for them. We will have a Socratic on Monday, so come with questions!
Wednesday, there will be a quiz over chapters 10-18. Remember, this quiz will be as hard as the last one, so make sure you have read all the chapters.
Today, we had a work day to do whatever you needed. You could catch up on reading, write your LL 3, or work on your LL presentation. We looked at the rubric that Smith will be using to grade us and talked about the requirements for the presentation. Here are just a few of the key points:
- Dress professionally
- This is worth 250 points. No jeans and t-shirts!
- Use all three of the lectures you have written
- You have to include all three of your essays in order to receive full credit.
- Be creative
- Don't make everyone fall asleep while listening to you
- Clarity, Effectiveness, and Organization
- Have one common theme tying everything together
We will be presenting the LL's May 7, 9, and 11
Have a great weekend