- Discuss following questions
- What does Frankenstein want to do when he first meets his creation again?
- Frankenstein wants to kill his creation.
- What does the creature ask Frankenstein to do initially?
- The creature asks Frankenstein to listen to the story of how he learned to talk and the observations he made, before deciding his fate.
- After being driven from the village, where did the creature finally settle?
- He settled in a hovel next to a cottage occupied by a young brother and sister and their old, blind father.
- Name one thing the creature did to secretly help the cottagers.
- The creature gathered wood at night time and set it by the front door so Felix could spend time doing other things around the house like helping his father and fixing things.
We read chapter 15 in class
- Is there a connection between the creature and Adam or Satan?
- read chapter 15 and 16
- prepare for in-class essay/fishbowl (those who do not want to participate in the fishbowl discussion can write an in-class essay instead)
- LAST LECTURE PART ONE DUE FRIDAY! NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- abandonment of creation is the only way for the creation to truly learn on its own?
- free will
- creation becomes manifestation of the evils of the creator?